Damage Claims

The Damage Claims component provides a financial safety net to landlords for unit costs beyond the security deposit. All claims must be filed within 30 calendar days of the lease termination date. 

Here is how the program works:

1. Landlords may submit a reimbursement claim for damages to units rented to a formerly homeless individual or family.

2. The Housing Authority conducts a move-out inspection to verify the damages made to the unit. 

3. Any amount owed by the tenant to the owner for damages will first be deducted from the security deposit that was specified by the owner in the lease agreement. 

4. Claims will be determined and processed after the completed damage claims are submitted. 

Damage Claim Policy

Required Form to process Damage Claims. 
HIP-Damage Claim - Compensation Form

Submit documents by e-mail, mail, or in person to:

E-mail: HIP@hacola.org
Mail: Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles
Attn: Homeless Incentive Program
P.O. Box 1510
Alhambra, CA 91802
In Person: HACoLA Administrative Offices

Housing Authority staff will contact you to schedule an inspection of the vacant unit within a short period of time.