Once the Housing Authority receives the appropriate documents from the initial housing authority, our staff will contact the voucher holder by phone to schedule a briefing - entrance interview.
All adult household members, age 18 or older, must attend. The Housing Authority voucher, Request for Tenancy Approval (RFTA) and processing documents will be issued during the intake/briefing appointment. This process lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours. You will be required to remain in the briefing for its entirety. All required attendees MUST be on time for the briefing.
Be prepared to bring the following documents:
- Current valid photo identification
- Birth certificates for all household members 18 years of age and older
- INS documents for non-citizens
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Proof of household income and/or assets
- Proof of full-time student status for everyone 17 years of age and older
Photocopies of the first four items listed above will be acceptable; however, you may be required to present originals if there are questions about the authenticity of the documents.