The Housing Authority is proud to announce the Landlord Veteran Incentive Program (Landlord VIP), which incentivizes landlords to rent housing units to homeless Veterans by offering one month's free rent to hold available units while applicants are referred. Landlords may also receive assistance to make minor repairs to comply with Housing Quality Standards. Funding to implement the Landlord VIP comes from the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors through the Homes for Heroes Initiative.
Landlords participating in the VIP will:
• Receive up to one month’s free rent to hold vacant units
• Enjoy the beneﬁt of expedited housing quality standards inspections
• Have a dedicated staﬀ person to assist with concerns
• Receive qualiﬁed referrals to ﬁll vacancies
• Receive reliable rental payments from the Housing Authority
Here is how the program works:
1. Landlords complete a pre-Request for Tenancy Approval form.
2. Housing Authority staff will contact the landlord to schedule an inspection of the vacant unit within a short period of time.
3. The landlord enters into a signed agreement with the Housing Authority to hold the unit for a homeless Veteran and receives a monetary incentive in an amount up to one month’s rent.
4. A homeless Veteran with an active Housing Authority voucher is quickly referred to the vacant unit.
Phone: (626) 586-1572 | Email: LandlordVIP@hacola.org